10.18.2015

A Quick SpiegelMom Scraps Layout

Good morning, everyone!  I am still alive, just SUPER, SUPER busy.  Sorry if I haven't been stopping by to leave love on your blog.  I really am swamped, but hoping that things calm down within the next few weeks.  Until then, here is a SpiegelMom Scraps project to share with you...

I have totally fallen in love with the Dazzlerz medium from Shimmerz.  The texture of this paste is awesome and the metallic finish is really beautiful!  I had to make this a focus of my layout, so I took one of my favorite stencils (by Heidi Swapp) and created a band across my cardstock.  The effect looked a lot like a piece of patterned paper or a transparency.

Once the paste was dry, I added a piece of blue chevron ribbon and then I did some simple layering of my photo, patterned paper, a glassine bag, a shipping tag and a lace doily.  I wanted to pull in a lot of different textures to give the layout some more interest.  You may recognize the cutie in the layout as one of Jody’s daughters.  I left the tag blank so Jody can go in and add her own journaling later.

I finished the layout off with a sprinkling of embellishments, including the Studio Calico Wood Veneer stars and the Sunny Day sequins


This layout came together really quickly and was so much fun to make.  Thanks for stopping by today and don’t forget to use code KAT15 at check out to save 15% on your entire purchase!

Cardstock: Bazzill; Textured Past: Dazzlerz; Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Chickaniddy Crafts; Ribbon: May Arts; Die Cut, Mists: Heidi Swapp; Wood Veneer Stars, Vellum Hearts: Studio Calico; Sequins, Doily, Tag: SpiegelMom Scraps; Staples: Tim Holtz

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and that fun photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!