8.29.2014

I ♥ Pink & Orange

I have a deep love for the pink & orange color combo.  I'm not sure why.  I just love the 2 bright colors together.  So much so that they were my wedding colors a few years ago!  So when I saw Basic Grey's Highline collection, there was no question that I needed it in my little, scrappy hands!  I bought the 12 x 12 paper pack for scrapping and the 6 x 6 paper pack for Project Life.  I am totally set now! 
 
When I purchased the paper, I didn't buy any of the coordinating embellishments.  I already had the Favorite Things ephemera pack from Heidi Swapp, which I thought would look pretty good with the colors in Highline.  I finally found a little time to sit down and play with the two.  This is what I came up with:
 
I recently pinned this layout by Kim Stewart and totally loved her off-centered strips of patterned paper.  I used that as inspiration for the starting point of this layout.

Most of my layouts are pretty bright and colorful, but I think this takes bright to a whole new level.  I love the colors and I'm excited to sit down and play some more!
 
What scrappy/PL supplies are you loving right now?
 
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Alphas, Stickers: Basic Grey; Wooden Letters: Recollections; Paper and Plastic Diecuts, Mist, Picture Frame: Heidi Swapp; Tag: Amy Tangerine; Wooden Stars: Studio Calico

1 comment:

Jinny Newlin said...

What a bright, happy, playful line! I haven't seen it, but I need to go check it out now ;). Really love your trickle of elements across your photo and the journaling down one side.