3.22.2014

Scraplift Saturdays || Using Up My Washi Stash

 
Good morning and happy weekend!!
 
Today's scraplift forced me to create one of my favorite layouts to date.  Here was the inspiration:
It was a fun layout that I created with my very first Studio Calico kit.
 
And here is the updated version, which, as I said, has become one of my favorites.  It only took me about 20 minutes to make, which was definitely an added bonus and I made a sort of dent in my washi stash:
This is also another layout I made for the current color class I'm taking at Studio Calico.  This layout focuses on complimentary colors (colors opposite each other on the color wheel).  I really adore the orange-turquoise color combo.
 
Layout 1: Not totally sure because I didn't document supplies back then...
 
Layout 2: Cardstock: Bazzill; Alphas: American Crafts, Basic Grey; Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup; Washi Tape: Love My Tapes, Glitz, American Crafts, mt; Chipboard Stars, Diecut: Studio Calico; Enamel Dots/Chevrons: Studio Calico, Doodlebug Design; Paper Borders: Doodlebug Design