12.09.2013

I'm Back, Back in the Scrapbook Groove!

Hello!!!!

I'm back from my 7ish-month-long work trip - and it's good to be back.  I missed my family, friends and "creative time" quite a bit.  Eric and I have moved into a new place, so we are spending a great deal of our time unpacking and settling in.  I don't quite have my creative time back just yet, but my fingers are crossed that I will get some scrappiness in next weekend.

While I was gone, I sort of kept up with Project Life.  There was a lot of stuff that I couldn't do just because I didn't have all my stuff with me.  (I know Project Life is suppose to be simple, but I have more fun when I add embellishments!)  Eric sent me a few of my Studio Calico kits and I did what I could.  I inserted a BUNCH of stickies with notes to myself on what details to add when I got home.  That will be a good first project to tackle when I can.

I also made a layout while I was gone.  My beautiful niece, Molly Grace, was born in June and for my sister-in-law's birthday, I decided to make a layout of her girls and frame it.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the layout framed.  But here is the layout:
And I know I'm biased, but I truly think my nieces are the prettiest girls around...

For this layout, I scraplifted this amazing layout by Corrie Jones.  I developed a huge scrap-crush on her while I was away, so I expect to see some of her influence in more of my layouts in the future.

Okay, I'm off to do some more unpacking.  Thanks so much for stopping in...I missed you guys!!

Layout: Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, Teresa Collins, Colorbok; Alphas: American Crafts, Jillibean Soup; Word Stickers: Crate Paper; Mist: Studio Calico