8.08.2010

CS #116 and a whole lotta yellow!!

Hey, all! I've been a little out of touch recently. I am lucky enough to currently have my Dad in town visiting, but that means not a lot of time for scrapping!

I did, however, get a chance to play along with Creative Scrappers this morning. I loved the sketch so much, that I pretty much followed it exactly...plus I was able to break the paint back out again, since the sketch actually included paint splatters! :) And because I used paint, this layout is also for The Studio Challenges August 1st challenge, which was to use paint, mist, ink, etc on your layout...

Here's my layout:
That's a whole lotta yellow, huh? I realized that it's not a color that I use too much, so I'm excited that I was able to use it today - it's so bright and cheery that I really should use it more often.

I also tried a new journaling technique with this layout: I typed my journaling into Microsoft Word, then I turned it white, and highlighted it in black. So, when I printed it off, it looked like white ink...I've heard of this idea for awhile, but this seemed like the perfect time to try it for myself!

Have a happy day and an even better week...and as always, thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

SABRI said...

It's a so clean and elegant layout! Ilike it!

sarah said...

LOVE the yellow!! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

That is a lot of yellow but it's so fun and happy! Cool journaling technique, too!

Amanda Jones said...

Yellow is one of my faves at the moment! Love the paint job too :)

thanks for supporting the studio! X

danni reid. said...

awesome lo! love the yellow!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Lovin' all the yellow!! Have a great visit with your dad :)

lisa said...

I love that simple design, so effective : )

Valerie said...

great page - I think the yellow is fantastic and I love your journaling technique!

Suzanne said...

Wow loving the vibrant yellow with the black, stunning!

Nic said...

Love the yellow with the black - very striking.